Tuesday, March 16, 2004
i'm feeling a bit Tom Robbinsesque in my thoughts and writing right now. so with that said, i present to you a list of recent thoughts that i believe are possible absolutes (at least in my world):
1. disappointment is inevitable
2. everyone's life is missing that certain something
3. figuring out what that certain something is, can be elusive - and that's an understatement
4. accepting a half fulfilled life is admitting defeat
5. harboring unhappiness and anger is dangerous, if not lethal
language is usually a borrowed medium. sentiments are almost never original, just expressed differently. that said, "the prince always wears black."* i wish i could say princesses always had red hair but that would be a fallacy. all the best do, though.
*though this was said, or rather written by a friend in high school, it does actually refer to a period of history i am scarily familiar with and therefore does have some relevance, albeit obscure and ergo odd.